On July 30, 2023, ARIS Executive Director Mars Naspekov was in Batken on a working trip.
The purpose of the trip was to inspect the progress of the construction and installation works in 10 social facilities in the Batken region that were damaged after the armed conflict in the Tajik borderline and assess the level of performance of the work being held.
The Plenipotentiary representative of the President in the Batken region T. Madyarov, Deputy Coordinator of RED-2 G. Djumabekova, Regional Coordinator S. Shaidullaev and RED-2 Regional Engineer A. Abdullaev and others were also in the delegation.
During the trip, ARIS Executive Director was informed that by the end of a year, all construction and installation works are planned to be completed, and put the following 10 social facilities into operation:
- Additional educational building of secondary school B. Narmatov in Kara-Bak village of Kara-Bak AA;
- Zhakshylyk and Edelweiss Kindergartens in Ak-Sai village of Ak-Sai AA;
- Additional educational building of secondary school A. Masaliev in Kyzyl-Bel village of Kara-Bak AA;
- Uchkun Kindergarten in Kok-Tash village of Ak-Sai AA;
- School named after Khodjaev in Ak-Sai village of Ak-Sai AA;
- School in Dostuk village of Kara-Bak AA;
- Village health post in Dostuk village of Kara-Bak AA;
- Boboktai Kindergarten in Dostuk village of Kara-Bak AA;
- School in Chon-Talaa village of Tort-Gul AA;
- Primary school in Kok-Tash village of Ak-Sai AA;
It was also noted that all the above facilities will be equipped with the equipment and furniture at the expense of the project.
After inspecting and checking the progress of work on sites, the Executive Director of ARIS Mars Naspekov noted the significance of the quality of work and requested to finish all work in due time and stressed that timely completion of the construction is essential for providing high-quality education to younger residents of the region.
Restoration works are implemented under Component 4 of the Second Regional Economic Development Project in the Batken region (RED-2) launched by the initiative of the President of KR Sadyr Japarov. ARIS is the implementing entity of the project.