In order to review the main issues arising from climate change and climate risks caused by human activities, specialized trainings will be held for communities in Chuy, Talas, Naryn and Issyk-Kul regions.
The trainings are attended by representatives of ayil okmotus, C-VIA EC, Community Climate Change Ambassadors (CCCAs), and women - at least 50% of the total number of participants.
For the communities of the four northern regions, trainings will be held on the following topics:
- “Goals, objectives and implementation arrangements”, “Roles and functions of CCCAs”;
- “Review of key issues and aspects of climate change”; Key concepts and regulatory framework of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Impacts of climate change at the global and regional levels;
- “Adaptation and Mitigation Measures”; Providing information on recommended climate change adaptation and mitigation measures and actions;
- “Methodology for Calculating the Climate Benefit Indicator”;
- “Discussion on the future work mechanism and action plan of CCCAs, C-VIA ECs”.
Specialized trainings were prepared and will be conducted by Matkerimova Asylbubu, the VIP-3 AF Climate Change Specialist.